Well, it happened again.
I was in
Monroe, at an intersection trying to get on I-20 to drive back to Tallulah.
I knew a
left turn would get me moving in the direction I needed to go.
The sign said, “I-20 East” and the arrow pointed
right.
I knew I needed to go East, but I did not want to go right.
Everything in me wanted to turn left.
At the last minute (learning by my past mistakes), I followed the sign, “I-20 East” and turned right in order to go left.
Sure enough the pathway finally curved around, took me in a circular way and got me pointed left – back toward Tallulah.
Whew!
Sometimes you have to trust the signs, even when it doesn’t feel good at first.
In the Bible, we have directions for life. Sometimes, everything in us wants to go the opposite way from those sign posts. Sometimes, it seems that everyone else is turning the other way. Even when we follow the Bible directions, it sometimes does not feel good at first and we have to trust that it will eventually get us going the right way.
In Proverbs 14:12, we read, “There is a way that seems right to a person, but its end is the way to death.” And in Proverbs 19:1, “Those who keep the commandment will live; those who are heedless of their ways will die.” The commandments of God are for our good, to show us the way home.
1 comment:
neat thought. i'm sitting here in my office thinking I should be doing something more productive, but as I look around my office, the sign definately says "clean me!" so I am. I'm even cleaning out my email boxes that are over full and here's this one that got overlooked! a little bit of treasure in a pile of junk! ha! thanks for the thought! -laura
Post a Comment