BIRDSONG TEA

... if we could make tea from birdsong,
it would be really good, wouldn't it?...
... it may take a little imagination,
but lift your cup and enjoy Birdsong Tea...

Sunday, October 05, 2008

Mystery Solved


Mystery Solved!  
The bulbs were Spider Lily bulbs.  Someone told me they are sometimes called "Hurricane Lilies" - I can believe that!  


The bulbs sprouted right after Hurricane Gustav and then the blooms opened the day after Hurricane Ike came through!  How about that?  Look at that design - how intricate and symmetrical and beautiful.  

My art professor in college said that the best design is simply a copy of nature.  God is the great designer, the Creator!  We simply copy his art!  I've heard that copying is the best form of flattery.  Perhaps our 'creations' are praises of the Great Designer - I hope so.  

Would you believe I have more mystery bulbs? - around the same tree!  They have sprouted - looking very different from the lily sprouts.  mmm!  Stay posted for more discoveries!  So fun to have a new backyard to explore!

1 comment:

MJFK said...

great, i was wondering about those bulbs. that tree must be magical!